Art Station

Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Darksiders 2 - A Bone Giant

Heya everyone! My friends, who I worked with on Darkisders 2, have been posting all their rad arts! So i guess it's high time i do the same. 

One of the first Boss characters i did on the game was the Bone Giant. The Creature made up of the bones off all his victims meant to fight death in the Gilded Arena of the Kingdom of the Dead. By now, this is a fairly old piece of artwork, but it's still fun to show now that the games out. And it's great for me to see how much I've improved since.

There was alot of exploration on the character, even before I worked on it.





Even when we thought we had, it it still kept changing to make things cooler.



This is where he ended up at eventually. The character ended up making several appearances in the game as variations of itself, like the Frost version at the beginning of the game, at the Crow Father's temple.


An example of one Variation:


Here's a shot of one of his versions from the game. The team did a fantastic job building this character, he came out so much better than i could have hoped for! Miss you guys!


More from my work on DS2 coming tomorrow. Let me know if you'd like to know more about process, or if you'd like to just see the art, or if you have any comments! Thanks

4 comments:

  1. I would love to see more process! Everyone's process is different and I love seeing how things come together in the end! Love it dude, keep it coming!

    ReplyDelete
  2. About time man I been waiting! You really soldiered through this man it came out awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely more about process. Thanks for sharing your thoughts and artworks, everything is great!

    ReplyDelete